El Rushbo: Fair, Balanced, and Has No Fuckin' Clue.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Today as A.M. and I were driving through Dayton on our way to Muncie from Cincinnati we tuned into Fox News Radio (yes, Fox News Radio is one of our guilty pleasures, it's a lot funnier than other news radio).  When we tuned it, we happened to hit it as the Rush Limbaugh show was winding up.  There were some really great moments but the best was when he started talking about John Edwards' notion that there are "two Americas".


In response the idea that there are two Americas, one for the rich and one for the poor, El Rushbo (as apparently he likes to be called) suggested that he didn't know what Edwards was talking about, as that he had never seen this "fictional poverty in America".

It must be terribly difficult to live life never going outside or looking out the windows.  Because, though I don't know where Rush must live, I see poverty all the motherfuckin' time.  Rush supposedly lives in Missouri (though, I'm not sure where) but he must live in that magical part of Missouri where everyone lives in huge mansions and draws more than seven figures per year (actually, now that I think about it, he must live someplace like that and it's probably not magical, it's probably filled with assholes).

In the two years I've been living in the States I've seen more poverty than I can shake a stick at (and trust me, I have some pretty mad stick shaking skills).  I've seen poverty throughout, Ohio, Indiana, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, and pretty much everywhere else I've been in the US (and I think there's only 7 or 8 states that I've never been to, though I must admit Missouri is one of them, maybe there are no poor folk in Missouri).  

I have no friggin' clue what Rush is talking about when he says there's no poverty in America.  There's a fuck ton of poverty.  So either he's: A) a dumbass, B) back on the pills again, C) totally deluded about the state of the US economy, or d) so full of shit that he stinky and attracts flies.

Man, that was a good rant....

0 comments:

 
home
blogarama - the blog directory