First substantive blog post in about two years.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

So as the one person who has commented on this blog so far knows, it's been about two years since I've written a post.  Such being the case, I'm rusty to say the least.  I mean, I couldn't even think of anything to post about.


I started off thinking that I would do what I used to do, hit up the various news sites, see what interesting stories there were, and then comment on them and note how various people are being dumbasses.  But that seemed like a lot of work and I'm on vacation.  If I started working then it wouldn't be vacation.

Next, I thought I'd write a post about something random that I liked.  For a few minutes I thought I would write about the really sweet Vietnamese restaurant in Indianapolis that A.M. and I discovered about a month ago, this might be an okay plan but I think I might save it for another day when there is a more substantial audience for this blog.  It's a great restaurant and I want to give it a little free advertising and at the moment I think maybe three people might read about it here.  So, I guess I'll leave that post for a later date.

Then I thought I would write about the road trip that we had just taken to Orlando but then I decided that I wanted something maybe shorter.  The Orlando trip has quite a few good stories (one of which involves a garbage bag, a whole bunch of duct tape, a fair amount of physical contortion, and a jacuzzi tub, more interestingly the story is G-rated) and it would take me some time to do it justice.

So with all that in mind, I decided I would post about the decision process I went through trying to figure out what I would post about.  That way I could be all reflective and introspective and shit.  Isn't that what's hot nowadays in the literary world?  

Oh, and I thought I would talk about how excited I am to try the hog jowl bacon we picked up tonight at the grocery store.

First, let me note, I have no idea what hog jowl bacon is.  I figure it's made of the meat off of some poor pig's face but other than that I have no idea what it's all about.  I just know that it's vacuumed packed, fatty looking, and could either be completely delicious are so terrible that it'll make for a great story later.  That being the case, I can't wait to wake up tomorrow morning and fry some up for breakfast!



A hunk of burnin' jowl bacon love.

UPDATE: Now that I have had some of the hog jowl bacon, I must say that it was delicious.  I don't think I'll ever be able to get back to regular bacon.

0 comments:

 
home
blogarama - the blog directory